I first stumbled across the word ‘Eunoia’ on a tumblr account, late at night no doubt, when I was a teen. Although I had no idea why at the time, the word Eunoia and it’s meaning ‘beautiful thinking, a well mind’, resonated with me deeply. It stuck with me for years and the words have become my screen saver through many a difficult time as a little reminder to evoke my own ‘beautiful thinking’.
I was always a very spiritual child. I loved being outdoors, I loved magic and playing with fairies and I loved beauty. I was always interested in the invisible ‘higher power’ and collected crystals. But as I grew older I realised my connection to source (and my crystal obsession) was a little bit unusual and so I hid it for many years.
It wasn’t until I studied Nutrition Medicine BHSc (Nut Med) that I become reacquainted with my love of nature and magic, this time in the form of food and herbs.
Studying Holistic Nutrition opened my eyes to the world of natural health. I became obsessed with natural living and learning all I could about the holistic way of life. I was particularly fascinated by the chemicals that went into our food and skincare. Up until that point, I had no idea about chemicals at all and was startled by the harmful ingredients that could legally be used in cosmetics. The more I learnt, the more my own skin care routine changed.
I threw away all of my chemical laden products and replaced them one-by-one with their natural alterative. This act alone felt like a ritual – there is something magical about knowing that what you put on your skin is slowly healing your body.
I knew I needed to share my new-found knowledge. Once I graduated, I started my business as a Clinical Nutritionist, with one of my focuses being chemical free living. I began hosting ‘detox shops’ at local supermarkets teaching groups how to identify chemicals in our cosmetics and about the natural alternatives available.
At the start of 2017 I made the decision to take some time off to travel and live in Europe. I loved my work as a Nutritionist but knew that there was something else I was meant to be doing, I just hadn’t found it yet.
That trip changed everything for me. I spent a lot of time travelling alone immersing myself in spirituality. I learnt about gratitude, journaling, manifesting, abundance and my mind was finally still enough to try yoga (finally!). I just knew that teaching these concepts in some way was my path.
The idea for Eunoia Soul Rituals as you see it today came to me near the end of my trip. I was driving through Italy when idea simply popped into my head. And with it one goal came to mind:
‘I want to change the female morning routine to become a ritual steeped in self-love and adoration’.
I spent the next 3 weeks eagerly waiting to get home so I could get to work. The first person I told about Eunoia was Sarah Miller, my now business partner and owner of Kiss the Berry which boasts 5 superfood cafes and counting. Her business knowledge and incredible eye for detail has created the Eunoia that you now know and I’m forever grateful.
Time has passed and my original ideas for this brand have evolved dramatically, but my mission for Eunoia remains the same.
- Eunoia will change the female routine.
- Every Eunoia product has a purpose.
- Each product is designed with a soulful intention.
- Every box is curated with love.
- The Eunoia brand will be just as much about creating natural skincare that nourishes your skin as your soul.
- Each collaborative product is formulated with a small business who supports our ethos – that uses natural, chemical free ingredients that are of the highest quality.
- Eunoia products will always be free from parabens, sls, slse, propylene glycol, phthalates, fragrance, harsh alcohols or GMO's.
- Every product contains crystal energy. Whether it’s crushed rose quartz in your self-love cream or a clear quartz point in your perfume roller, each product is constantly being energized with crystal goodness.
- Every product is hand poured and packaged in Australia.
- Every product has been formulated and inspired by a mantra and ritual.
- Each ritual has been carefully thought-out to enable you to connect with your highest self, using your skincare as a tool.
Whether you’re just starting out on your spiritual path or are well versed in these concepts, I hope that Eunoia takes you on your own journey to beautiful thinking.